Here's lookin at you kid...

Here's lookin at you kid...
The eyes are the windows to the soul...

Tuesday 17 January 2012

On a cold and frosty morning...

January - cold, sharp mornings with frost thick on every surface. It makes the world seem clean and fresh even though everything is dead - no, not dead, but slumbering. Twice this week I've been at my computer as the sun broke through and banished the night time - I can't say I'm a big fan of early mornings but I suppose if I've been woken up (by the screaming child next door - again) then I must make the most of it.

As this new year begins, I'm thinking of what it's going to bring with it this time. I know that we are going to have a few great upheavals in our lives as a family, we're having a new addition in May for one thing. But personally, my writing career seems to be on the very edge of something big and I can't help being excited. Before you ask, no, Hollywood hasn't called and neither has an agent or publisher - that's not what I'm excited about. I can't put my finger on it, there's just something in the air I think... Movies, Magazines, Newsletters - all are opportunities to be spotted and grasped and I've met some inspiring people along my journey so I'm ever hopeful.

I've had a few wobbly days just lately, days where I seemed to have had so much to do, so many things that I could be getting on with that I didn't know where to start, which one to begin, and so I started a few different projects and finished none to any kind of satisfaction. I know what I have to do today and I shall finish all three of those writing projects.

Then I shall tidy the bathroom...

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. James, I apologise for the disgraceful delay in responding to you. I'm going to re-post this blog and allow others to see your post too.
    I was out of the country when you put up your reply to my blog (no excuse, I know) and I'll be getting back to you on this asap.

    ReplyDelete